Make sure the place where the road traffic accident occurred is safe
Switch on car emergency lights and marker lights. If the emergency lights are not functional or if visibility conditions are poor, an emergency triangle must be placed on the road (at a distance of 25m away from the car within an inhabited area, or outside an inhabited area – 50m; the triangle must be placed in the direction of the higher risk zone). Under conditions of poor visibility and during the dark time of the day a reflective vest must be worn.
If there victims of the road traffic accident in need of first aid, immediately inform the Rescue Service of such necessity (unified emergency call number “112“). Specify exact location of the road traffic accident and the nature of the injuries. Within your own competence, provide first aid to the victims; if necessary, consult with the Emergency Medical Service of the Rescue Service. Take care of your safety and the safety of the people around you.
Do not change the location of the car before officials of the State Police have arrived and processed the road traffic accident.
Inform the Rescue Service (unified emergency call number “112“) in the person of the State Police if:
- the parties involved in the road traffic accident are not in agreement regarding who caused the road traffic accident;
- any of the parties involved in the road traffic accident shows signs of being under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs or psychotropic substances;
- the documents of the drivers or the vehicles involved in the road traffic accident are not in order;
- the road traffic accident involves damages caused to property of third parties;
- the road traffic accident involves injured victims;\
- the parties involved in the road traffic accidents is a cyclist, or a pedestrian, even if this person has not been injured;
- the road traffic accident does not involve victims; however, it is impossible to eliminate safety and hazard risks caused to the surrounding environment and road users without assistance;
- there has been a collision with a large forest animal.
Evaluate the circumstances of the road traffic accident and preserve evidence
If possible, record the vehicle identification data of the vehicles involved in the road traffic accident, as well as the names, surnames and addresses of the persons and witnesses involved. Do not admit your guilt and responsibility prematurely (competent authorities will decide on that). Do not leave the site of the road traffic accident without coordination with the State Police. Fill out documents on the road traffic accident and post them to E-CAR within 24 hours.
Inform the responsible E-CAR employee (phone +371 20857777)
Follow the directions of the responsible E-CAR employee.
If it is impossible to get in touch with the responsible E-CAR employee and if the E-CAR rental car is not in a state of roadworthiness:
- Inform Toyota Eurocare (phone number in Latvia: +371 80004488, phone number abroad: +371 67819711). Follow the directions of the Toyota Eurocare representative, including those regarding evacuation of the E-CAR rental car to the nearest Toyota official authorized dealership service;
- Inform/register the insurance case with AAS “BTA Baltic Insurance Company” (phone number: +371 26121212). Follow the directions of the insurance company representative.